Resources for Online Students Taking CGS Courses
CGS has compiled a list of resources and suggestions in order to provide its students with a productive online learning experience.
If you are experiencing a poor internet connection, you may be able to increase your bandwidth by trying the below suggestions:
- You will have the best connection by using a wired connection with an Ethernet cable
- If you are using WiFi, try to be as close to your router as possible
- Turn off your camera/video
- Reduce usage on other devices (i.e. cell phones, streaming on TV, etc.).
CGS is using Box to distribute course materials. Box is a cloud-based file-sharing platform that is used for sending electronic course materials. You do not need an account to access your materials. Check your SPAM folder if you do not see an email from Box.
We recommend that you access and download the course materials to your computer prior to the start of your course. This will help you throughout the course and will also allow you to use them as a resource in the future.
- Check your SPAM folder if you do not see an email from Box.
- When you accept invitation, follow registration steps, create your password. Your email and this password are your log in credentials for Box.
- Install Box on your desktop or laptop. Follow directions from this link: https://box.rutgers.edu/downloads/
- To access Box again, please go to https://box.rutgers.edu/ and log in using your email and password you created when accepting invitation.
- While logging in click "Not a part of Rutgers University?" Do NOT click on red Continue button (depicted in image below).
Canvas is a learning-management system that is used for some CGS courses. Below are articles that can help you learn more about Canvas
*Remember to use the email address you used when you registered for your course!
Webex is a video conference platform that is used for some CGS courses. Below are articles that can help you learn more about Webex.
Zoom is a video conference platform that is used for some CGS courses. Below are articles that can help you learn more about Zoom.
All CGS course evaluations are distributed to students by email through Qualtrics after completion of your course. Your feedback is important to us so please remember to fill out your evaluation.
The Center for Government Services stresses that academic integrity is of the utmost importance. Academic integrity means that others (your instructors, Rutgers staff, the State certification agencies) can trust you. Having academic integrity is also important because it provides value to your course certification. To complete a final exam remotely, you will need to sign the Academic Integrity Pledge. You will receive this in an email from DocuSign and will be able to sign the pledge electronically.
You may be required to complete a final exam or other assignments using fillable PDF forms. Below are instructions on how to complete PDF forms.